- Prepare the chermoula trout. Toast the cumin in a small frying pan for a few minutes until it’s lightly browned and aromatic. Leave to cool then mix in a bowl with all the other ingredients, except for the fish, to make a marinade. Add the fish and coat in the mixture. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating, preheat the oven to 210°C/fan 190°C/gas mark 7.
- Prepare the turmeric roast cauliflower. Toss the cauliflower with the garlic, turmeric and oil. Season and roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until it’s starting to caramelise and is cooked through. Remove from the oven and add the lemon zest. Allow to cool a little then add the pomegranate seeds and coriander.
- Make the Herbed GEM®avocado tahini cream. Blend the avocado, tahini, herbs, lemon juice, a pinch of salt and 125ml water in a blender or using a stick blender until smooth. Check the seasoning and adjust to your liking.
- Once the fish has marinated, either grill on the BBQ or bake in the oven for around 8-12 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish, until it’s cooked through.
- To serve, spoon a generous amount of cauliflower onto each plate. Top with the sea trout and spoon liberally with the herbed GEM®avocado tahini cream.
- If you can’t find chermoula paste in your local supermarket look for a chermoula spice blend. Simply mix this with oil until it forms a paste.
- As an alternative to sea trout, this recipe is also great with salmon.
Spoon a generous amount of cauliflower on to a plate. Lay the sea trout on top and dress liberally with the herbed GEM® avocado tahini cream.