- Place flour and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade; pulse to combine. Sprinkle vegan block evenly over flour and pulse until butter is cut into pieces similar to breadcrumbs before gradually adding milk to bind. Once combined remove the dough from the food processor and wrap in cling film and chill for 10 minutes
- Unwrap dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a square . Cut off edges to create a 12-inch square. Cut the square into strips 3/4-inch wide.
- Take one strip of dough and place it over the end over top of one cheese slice. Wrap the entire cheese slice in dough on a diagonal, overlapping dough. Cover the bottom of the cheese slice in dough and pinch edges close to seal. Repeat with remaining cheese slices.
- Deep fry tequeños in oil until the crust is golden brown about 3 to 5 minutes, turning halfway through for a consistent colour. Transfer tequeños to a paper towel lined plate, let cool for 1 to 2 minutes, then serve immediately.
For the GEM® avocado guacamole
- With a spoon, scoop the avocado flesh into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the salt, pepper, and paprika. Mash the ingredients together with a large fork or potato masher until the avocado is nice and creamy before adding a couple of teaspoons of TABASCO® GREEN sauce, to taste.
- Gently stir in ½ of the pomegranate seeds. Transfer the guacamole to your serving bowl. Sprinkle remaining pomegranate seeds over guacamole, along with some additional and serve immediately and dip your tequenos in